OCI is pleased to announce the availability of TAO 1.3a!
OCI's TAO 1.3a release is based on the DOC (see
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/doc-group.html) group's TAO 1.3.1 beta kit. OCI has performed extensive testing of TAO across a wide variety of platforms and added several enhancements, some of which were funded by our customers.
TAO 1.3a includes many new features and improvements over the previous commercially supported (TAO 1.2a) release and has been extensively tested across a wide variety of platforms (over 11,000 tests run on 40 hardware/compiler combinations) to increase availability and stability. Some of the more important and visible new features of TAO 1.3a include:
- Addition of Persistent State Service (PSS).
- Addition of Load Balancing Service that implements the current joint load-balancing submission revision of the OMG.
- New Logging Service, also known as the OMG Telcom Log Service.
- TAO's MIOP support enables servants to receive requests sent to multicast addresses.
- New Unreliable IP Multicast (UIPMC) pluggable protocol.
- New XML Parser for the Service Configurator.
- ACE has been ported to Windows CE 3 with Pocket PC 2002 SDK, and Windows CE .NET with Standard SDK complete.
- AIX and HP-UX can now use g++ 3.2 (previous versions of g++ were not reliable on these platforms).
- The conversion of ACE/TAO documentation to Doxygen has been completed.
- Addition of MakeProjectCreator (MPC), a powerful tool that can be used to generate build tool specific project files from a generic
- Addition of Redundant Naming Service.
- Shared source on Windows.
- Overhaul of input stream processing.
- Many bug fixes to both ACE and TAO.
TAO 1.3a is available for immediate download, in source-code form, from http://www.theaceorb.com. Binaries are available on commonly used platforms. These will enable you to get going quickly. They may be ordered by going to http://www.theaceorb.com/purchase/.
The new, expanded, two volume edition of the TAO Developers Guide may also be order at the same location. The table of contents, index, some sample chapters etc. which will also help you get going, may be downloaded in a PDF version from http://www.theaceorb.com/downloads/.
Downloads for TAO 1.3a
All Patches for TAO 1.3a
TAO 1.3a Release Notes
TAO is a truly open-source project with literally thousands of contributors.
In particular, OCI would like to acknowledge and thank the Distributed Object
Computing team for all their hard work and commitment to TAO.
OCI offers a wide array of technical support options for TAO and the Java-based
ORB, JacORB. Our service areas include systems architecture, large-scale
distributed application architecture and object-oriented design and development.
We specialize in architecting solutions with middleware technologies such as
CORBA, J2EE, XML and wireless. For more information, please see http://www.ociweb.com or contact sales for more information.
The OCI TAO Team