Windows Release Notes
All building and testing were performed on Windows XP Professional using
Visual C++ 6.0 SP5 and Borland C++Builder 5.0.
1.4Ghz Pentium 4
7200 RPM IDE Disk
- The following tests are known to fail.
- MT_Timeout : Intermittently fails on vc6 builds
- AVStreams/Component_Switching : Only fails on vc6 builds.
- AMI_Buffering : Some failures are intermittent. Fails on other platforms too.
- Oneway_Buffering : Some failures are intermittent. Fails on other platforms too.
- Linear_Priority : Only fails on borland builds.
The following config.h was used for all windows builds.
#define ACE_DISABLE_WIN32_ERROR_WINDOWS 1
#define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1
Some differences between OCI's 1.1a and 1.2a as relates to Windows are:
- Support for precompiled headers
- Output of .lib files to one of three locations
- Consistency across projects
- Separation of debug symbols into separate files
- Fixed Static builds